National Employment Standards
The following information are national requirements for employers under the Fair Work Act 2009:
The National Employment Standards comprise of 10 minimum standards of employment. These relate to:
- Maximum weekly hours of work
- Requests for flexible working arrangements
- Parental leave and related entitlements
- Annual leave
- Personal/ carer’s leave and compassionate leave
- Community service leave
- Long service leave
- Public holidays
- Notice of termination and redundancy pay
- Provision of a Fair Work Information Statement.
Fair Work Information Statement
-The Fair Work Ombudsman has released the Fair Work Information Statement, as part of the provision under the National Employment Standards.
NOTE: From 1 January 2010, ALL employers are required to provide a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement to ALL new employees as soon as practical after the employment commences.
NEW Family & Domestic Violence Leave added to the NES